Huff Harrington Fine Art is looking for a full-time gallery assistant to join our fun little family. If you are passionate about fine art, love working with people, have excellent communication skills and are organized and detail-oriented, then keep reading. Our ideal candidate has high energy, has a sense of humor and is a team-player.
We’re a team of highly professional, gracious and kind individuals who work together to create not only a beautiful retail environment but a wonderful experience for our clients when they are with us. Our gallery is warm, welcoming and friendly - and we have fun!
Huff Harrington Fine Art was founded in 2006 by Ann Huff and Meg Harrington. Our HH family has grown to include Huff Harrington Home, Huff Harrington Design and Huff Harrington International with locations in Atlanta and Paris.
If you think you’d be a good fit with us, we’d love to hear from you. Please send us a little note about yourself, your resume and salary requirements to AnnMeg@huffharrington.com.
Title: Gallery Assistant
(Monday - Friday/Tuesday - Saturday 2x a month)
Start date: immediately
Responsibilities: assist in the day-to-day physical operations of the gallery including:
- Assist in marketing initiatives, from social media strategies and execution to planning and orchestrating gallery openings
- Receiving and cataloguing artwork
- Managing inventory online and in the gallery
- Assist with hanging art on a daily basis and for special events
- Manage art transportation/shipping/logistics
- Fielding sales inquiries by phone or email
- Greeting and assisting clients with art needs
We need you to be familiar with:
- Instagram (we need you savvy in all aspects of Insta, from strategy and posting to analytics)
And even better if you know:
- ArtCloud (or a similar cloud-based data base
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Fine Art, Art History or Gallery Management)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Gallery experience preferred but not necessary
Benefits: 401K; Paid Time Off